Monday, July 28, 2014

Ridiculous Super Mario Nail Art

Boy, I tell you, that is the longest amount of time I have spent yet on nail art.  3 movies and 2 episodes of Futurama later, I finally finished my Super Mario nails from my most recent You-Pick-My-Art!  Phew!!

I call them "ridiculous" because that was the first word out of my husband's mouth when he saw the first nail :P  So, without further ado, I present to you my Old-School Super Mario nails!








I wanted to showcase each of the levels, as well as the different Mario progressions throughout the game.  I started with the first level on my pointer with the starting Mario.  The second nail is the underwater level showing the bigger Mario, who obviously obtained the mushroom that made him grow :)  Then I included the bonus "Happy Cloud" level you find when you climb the vine with a Mario that found the fire flower and can now throw fireballs :D  The pinky finger just has the winning flag and part of the castle - I did not want to try to cram a lot of detail on my smallest nail.  And finally the thumb is the boss level with Bowser.  For these nails, I used acrylic paint over nail polish, and the brands of polish used are Avon (pointer and pinky), Essie (middle), Sea Lore (ring), and Milani (thumb).  

The only criticisms I have for myself are that I do not like how the first two Marios turned out and I feel I should have spent more time fine-tuning the little details.  I also do not like that Bowser would not be that big in that level of the game.  I had to paint him bigger so details could be shown on him, but he was added after I painted the background.  Lesson learned for next time :)

I hope you all enjoyed this nail art! Thank you so much for participating in my You-Pick-My-Art events :D  The next one will be this Friday!  Have a great Monday <3

9 comments:

  1. AMAZING JOB! What movies did you watch that helped you power through these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I don't even remember lol This was back in July. I probably just picked ones I'd seen before and played them in the background :)

      Delete
  2. I think the Bowser nail is my fave but I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even begin to tell you how happy these make me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to tell you how happy these make me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this! Mario Bros was my favorite when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete