Monday, August 25, 2014

Nail Art: Flight of the Phoenix

I am having an unusually productive Monday so far - went running this morning for the first time since May (now that the weather is *finally* cooling down), and went straight to yoga for an hour and fifteen minutes of vinyasa (don't know how good of an idea that was, we'll see how I feel later on in the day :P ).  Pretty good so far!  And tonight, I GET TO USE MY NEW BOW FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!  Can you tell I'm excited?  It's been all dolled up with nowhere to go since Wednesday - I am PUMPED! :D

So to continue this awesome Monday, I want to show you the nail art I created from last Friday's You-Pick-My-Art theme of "Fire."  I designed a Phoenix, and this is how it turned out:


I feel very "meh" about this art.  AFTER I painted it, and it was too late to go back, I saw a different way to paint this that would have turned out better.  Oh well, c'est la vie, I will improve the design on a later date and restore my dignity :P

I used one of Above The Curve's "Friday the 13th" polishes for the base coat.  It's a gorgeous dark brown with a holographic effect in the sunlight.  It was the perfect color as a backdrop to complement the fire tones of the Phoenix.

I hope you like the art!  This Friday will be another round of You-Pick-My-Art, so stay tuned to my Facebook page!  I will have some more art coming your way this week, as well, using one of the mystery colors from Model City Polish's Mystery Grab Bag :)  Have a GREAT Monday, everyone!! <3

*Note: Links I provide are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on it through my post). I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment