Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Polish Post: Colors by Llarowe "Julia Roberts 1967" Swatches, Review, and Nail Art

We had a really terrible storm last night here in Phoenix - so much so that several areas have been blocked off and closed due to flooding and people getting stuck.  There was even a fatal accident a few miles down the road from my house :(  I know, I know - "But Shawna, you live in the desert.  It doesn't rain or flood there."

False, my good friends.  Phoenix is a "Living Desert" and we do indeed get rain - LOTS of rain.  Imagine the clouds are people, and they really have to pee.  But the clouds are holding it, because they don't wanna pee yet.  Once they get to Phoenix, they just can't hold it anymore, and they let it all out.  That's what it's like when it rains out here, and it all runs down the mountains and floods the streets.  It is unbelievable.

We are still getting rain this morning, and it is very grey and overcast.  No swatching for me today :(  So I'll dig into my inventory and share with you a short post about a newly-released polish from Colors by Llarowe called "Julia Roberts 1967."

Sunlight





Indoors


Julia Roberts 1967 is not as brilliant as most of the polishes from Colors by Llarowe, but I really liked that in this case.  This polish is part of their "Emily's Imagination" collection, and it is a very beautiful sea green with silver glitter flecks and an ever-so-subtle scattered holo.  Application was smooth, and took 2 coats for opacity.  Dried to a semi-matte finish, shown in the pics above (I used no topcoat).  I had this polish on for about 2 days with no wear or chipping, and I imagine it would continue to wear longer, as all their polishes have for me in the past.  This polish is very lovely, and I really like that it's a humbly spectacular color :)

This polish is still available on the Llarowe Website.  Here are some links for you:

Facebook: Here

Website: Here

I participated in a "weekly theme" for one of the nail art groups I belong to on Facebook.  The theme was "foxes," and I decided to take a more humorous route with the design.  Here's what I came up with:


The Fox and the Hound is one of my favorite kid movies, and shortly after the song "What Does The Fox Say?" by Ylvis came out, I saw a humorous meme with Tod posing that question to Copper, who responded, "Gettin' real sick of your sh*t, Tod."  Made me laugh, so I used Tod as the fox in this case :)

Hope you enjoyed the post, and have a great hump day!  The weekend is just around the corner!!!

*Note: Links I provide are not affiliate (i.e. I do not get a kickback if you click on the link through my post). I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment