Saturday, September 20, 2014

First Ever "Bestie" Nail Design!

So in the nail art world, there's a thing called "Bestie Nails," and it is when you and another artist collaborate to do a design, usually based off a picture or another nail design.  It's pretty neat, and I've seen lots of examples that are just too cool!

Last week, for the first time, I was asked to do a Bestie design!!  Of course I said yes, especially when it was a mermaid themed design!!  Originally it was just me and this other artist Rizzna, but one more, Dess, wanted to join in, too, and I'm so glad she did because her art is amazing!

We chose a beautiful picture of a mermaid's silhouette against a sunset.  Here's the reference image:

Image Found: Here

Now unfortunately, Rizzna was unable to participate this time around (though we will definitely be collaborating in the near future!) so it is just mine and Dess's design.  Here they are:



Here's a larger image of my design ^_^ :


I took a little artistic liberties and added more vibrant colors, and Dess and I also added long flowing mermaid hair :)

I think they turned out so wonderfully, and I am so honored to have been able to collaborate with such an amazing nail artist!  I look forward to doing another bestie design with Dess again soon :D

Dess runs a wonderful Facebook page called Upload and Share Your Own Nail Art Creations you should check out and give a "like."

I hope you enjoyed the art.  I've been sitting on this design for a while, I'm so glad to finally be able to share it with you all ^_^

On my Facebook Page, the winner for this week's You-Pick-My-Art i:s Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet, so I will be working on a design for Monday.  Have a wonderful weekend!  See you soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment