Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Polish Post: ALIQUID Lacquer "Maze of Mirrors" and LE "Puppy Love" Swatches & Review

Can you believe we are already over a week into October?  That is CRAZY.  Where the heck did this year go?!  Sure has flown for me - Halloween is only 23 days away, and I have two toddlers to make costumes for - yikes!  I better get crackin'!!

Flying time aside, let's talk about a new-to-me indie nail polish brand called ALIQUID Lacquer!  I love the story behind the company (found here), and I love the polishes even more :)  I have two to show you today - one is from the newly-released Phantom of the Opera themed collection, and the other is a charity polish for the ASPCA.  Let's start with Maze of Mirrors:

Outdoors (It was a bit overcast today)





Indoors







Maze of mirrors is a glitter polish with holographic, black, and blue shreds, as well as holographic hex and square glitters with silver flakies, and a somewhat blue flash/shimmer to it in certain lighting.  Since this is a full-coverage glitter, you only really need 2-3 coats of it on its own for it to be completely opaque.  I chose to use it as a topper over black and white, so you can see what it looks like over a dark and light colored polish.

Application was not too bad - the larger pieces of glitter tended to clump together, though it's tough to find a glitter polish that DOESN'T do that.  It is a thick polish, so it took a little longer to dry, though no longer than about 5 minutes.  I love the look of this polish in all types of lighting, because it is always shifting and sparkling!!  Maze of Mirrors is a really lovely polish I would definitely recommend to all you glitter-lovers out there :)

The second polish is called Puppy Love- check it out:

Outdoors (Not so overcast :P )




Indoors







Puppy Love is a teal blue with pink and gold glitter flecks.  It also has a subtle holographic shimmer in direct sunlight.  I used 3 coats to make it completely opaque, and each went on very smoothly, and dried in under 5 minutes to a shiny finish, though I did add a topcoat in the photos.  Puppy Love is a Limited Edition charity polish in honor of "Adopt a Shelter Dog" month, and will only be available till the end of October.  $5 from every bottle sold will be donated to the ASPCA - what a great cause!!  I'm partial to this charity, because I have two rescue dogs myself :)

Here are some social links for you to keep in touch with ALIQUID Lacquer and buy some of her pretties:

Shop: Here

Facebook: Here

Instagram: Here

I hope you enjoyed this post, and that you have a splendid Wednesday!  Tomorrow I will have the next Princess/Villain duo for you :)  See you soon <3

*NOTE: These polishes were purchased by me using no special codes or discounts.  Links are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them through my blog).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

2 comments: