Saturday, October 11, 2014

Polish Post: Darling Diva "Please Stand By," "...Is Boring," and "OMGBFD" Swatches & Review

I am so very thankful the weather is *finally* cooling down here in the desert - so much so I can actually leave my air conditioning off!  What?!  Crazy!!

Today I've got three polishes to show you from a new-to-me indie brand called Darling Diva Polish.  In my recent order with the brand, I chose a "Mystery Bag" option where I received 5 full-sized mystery polishes for $25.  These three polishes are from that mystery bag, and wowza, I got some goooood colors!!  

The first color is called, "Please Stand By."

Outdoors





Indoors



Please Stand By is a beautiful dark purple jelly with a blue flash/shimmer, a scattered holographic effect in the sunlight, and big flecks of green glitter.  It is a stunner!  Took 3 coats for it to be completely opaque, and it dried fairly quickly in under five minutes to a shiny finish.  It is a really pretty polish that was easy to applicate and work with.  

The second polish is called, "...Is Boring."

Outdoors





Indoors



...Is Boring is anything BUT boring!!  This polish is a beautiful blue linear holographic with big flecks of gold glitter, though those got completely overtaken by the holographic effect.  Opaque in two coats, the polish dried to a shiny finish quickly in under five minutes.  This color really pops inside and outside - it's a very, very fun polish!

The last of the polishes to show you today is my absolute favorite of the five mysteries, and it is called, "OMGBFD."

Outdoors





Indoors




OMGBFD is the perfect name for this polish, because Oh My Gosh, it is a VERY Big Freakin' Deal!  This color is a grey jelly packed with a linear holographic effect, an iridescent shimmer, and turquoise and purple glitters.  My eyes seriously freaked out once I stepped outside with this polish on - they had no idea where to focus!!  I used three coats to make it completely opaque, and it also dried fairly quickly to a shiny finish.  I love, LOVE this polish, and it is soooooo much fun!!  I did take two videos of the sparkly goodness of this polish, one outdoors, and one close up so you can see the glitters.  Both will be posted on my Instagram later today :)

Sadly I cannot seem to find these three colors available on her website, so my guess is they are discontinued leftovers.  The brand does have many, many more colors to choose from though, and I highly recommend browsing them, because from what I've seen so far of the polishes I received, this is a great brand!!  I'll certainly be keeping them on my radar - and here are some links so you can, too!

Facebook: Here

Store: Here

Instagram: Here

I hope you all enjoy your weekend!  I will work on the Beetlejuice nail art to show you on Monday.  See you soon! <3

*NOTE: Links I provide are NOT affliliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them through my blog).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment