Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Polish Post: Doctor Lacquer "The Trail of Time" Swatches, Review, & Nail Art

Happy Hump Day!

A few weeks ago, my husband bought me the Chromozones Collection by the indie brand Doctor Lacquer - just cuz he loves me ^_^  Yeah, I'm a pretty lucky gal!!

There are 7 full-sized bottles in the collection, and I also received 3 bonus minis for ordering the full set!  Woo-hoo!!

These chromes are absolutely stunning, and have so many different colors and shifts to each that I decided to break down the collection into separate posts so I don't blow your mind with 16 photos per polish - that's a lotta pics!

So without further ado, let's start with The Trail of Time.

Outdoors






Indoors











Here's a direct description of the polish, taken from the website - it's written so well I wouldn't do it justice to describe this polish in my own words:  

The Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA offers an incomparable experience and a breathtaking view for anyone! This trail of time was carved by the Colorado River, and shows us million years of history. This divine beauty shifts through the color of rocks and soil, plus the sky and setting sun! This one has strong shifts from shades of cyan, violet, and red, and subtle copper shifts!

This polish is absolutely stunning!!  The application was fantastic, too - very smooth, took three thin coats to achieve opacity.  Dried in under five minutes to a nice shine as seen in the pictures above.  The only aspect of the polish to be conscious of is the fact that you can subtly see brush strokes in application, so make sure you're applying it in the same direction.  

There are so many wonderful color shifts to The Trail of Time it was impossible not to stare constantly at my nails :D  I tried to capture the different shifts the best I could in these photos.  I will have a video posted later today on my Instagram showing the color changes as the light shifts, so keep an eye out!

While the color itself is inspired by the Grand Canyon, I was inspired to paint a Dali-esque interpretation of the name of this polish, The Trail of Time - check it out:





Hard to tell in the pics, but those "blob" looking things in the top left are "melted" clocks.  Eh, it's art :P

I will have another lovely polish from this fabulous collection to show you next week!  Here are some links for you to browse the pretties and keep up to date with the company:

Store: Here

Etsy Shop: Here

Facebook:  Here

Instagram:  Here

Keep your eye out for tomorrow's post - the next Princess/Villain set!!  See you soon <3

*NOTE: Links I provide are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them through my blog).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)


No comments:

Post a Comment