Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Polish Post: I Love Nail Polish "Cold Fusion" & "Supernova" Pics and Revew

It's the last day of 2014!!!  What a year - I started running this year, archery, Taekwondo, and this blog!  I'm hoping to make this coming year even more productive :)

I've been wanting to swatch some of my new multichrome flakies from I Love Nail Polish (ILNP) since I pre-ordered them - they are such stunners!!  I gotta say, I totally love the new bottles, too.  They make the brand look so much more sophisticated - I feel like I have a super high-end polish with these new bottles :)

"Cold Fusion" 

"Supernova"

Out of the five flakies I purchased, I have my two favorites to show you today.  We'll start with "Cold Fusion"



Direct Sunlight


Indoors






Cold Fusion is so very gorgeous, but I found the color shift to be much more subtle.  I'm not sure if it is because I wore it over another blue colored chrome polish by ILNP "Washing Ashore" (discontinued) rather than a neutral base color, like a dark blue or black.  Either way, it is still a beautiful look!!  I'm such a sucker for blues ;)  I love that when applying this, the flakies actually spread out and give nice coverage in just one coat (shown in the photos above).  This would definitely be full-coverage in about 2-3 coats!

The second flakie is called "Supernova":



Direct Sunlight


Indirect Sunlight






I wore Supernova in one coat over "Grapalicious" (another ILNP discontinued color), and I think it looks really great!  Grapalicious is a dark purple holographic polish, so having that as a base with the power of the chrome flakes creates a what I like to call a WOWZER effect :D  The color shifts in this flakie were a lot more apparent, and application was just as easy as Cold Fusion.  I'll be posting a macro video of that effect in motion on my Instagram today, so keep an eye out :)  

These flakies are superb, and I'm so excited to wear the other three!  They are currently in stock and available at the I Love Nail Polish website.  Here are some links for you:

Store: Here

Facebook: Here

Instagram: Here

I hope you have a wonderful final day of 2014!  What are some of your goals for this next year?

*NOTE: Links in this post are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

14 comments:

  1. I think cold fusion is my favourite. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous swatches! I need to get these someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And you totally need these - at least one of them!!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I am really afraid to get into the flakies... My bank account would hate me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah, and there are sooooo many to choose from - it is dangerous...

      Delete
  4. I got Super Nova too! Love it. These are the coolest polishes. They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up a few from the preorder too, but passed (after much internal debate) on Cold Fusion. I obviously made a mistake not getting it. It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, Cold Fusion was the first one I added to my bag :P

      Delete
  6. Lovely swatches! I love the whole idea of ILNP's color shifting flakies but can not make up my mind and pick out five! Your swatches really make me want to choose Supernova now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely wouldn't regret it - Supernova is a major wowzer!

      Delete
  7. These are so gorgeous!! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :(

    ReplyDelete