Monday, December 8, 2014

***Press Release*** (Part 1): Bellaluna Cosmetics

***PRESS RELEASE***

Good morning all!  I hope you had a great weekend!

Today I've got three gorgeous polishes to show you from Bellaluna Cosmetics, a new indie brand!  She's got a ton of stunners, let me tell you, and some gorgeous shades that are perfect for this holiday season, and even after :)  I've got two more of these polishes to show you in a later post (decided to split them up because there was so much sparkle that it might break your monitor/phone ;) )

First up to show you is called "Belle of the Ball:"

Outdoors






Indoors





Belle of the Ball is a beautiful emerald colored polish with a copper glitter shimmer.  Opaque in 2-3 coats (depending on how thick you apply it), it dried in under 5 minutes to a semi shiny finish.  I am wearing three thin coats with a topcoat in the photos above.

Next up is "Snowdrift:"
Outdoors






Indoors





Snowdrift is a lovely glassy flake topcoat with a subtle blue/violet shimmer.  This is a thicker polish, but it still applied very smoothly, and dried in under five minutes.  In the photos above, I am wearing two thin coats over a basic white polish and a clear topcoat.

Lastly is "Winter Blizzard:"
Outdoors






Indoors





Winter Blizzard is a gorgeous black jelly base polish packed full of blue and green flecks of glitter.  Opaque in 2-3 coats, this polish dried in under five minutes to a shiny finish.  I am wearing three thing coats in the photos above with a layer of clear topcoat.

The Ups: For an introductory line, these polishes are fabulous!  They very much encompass the holiday/winter feel, but remain neutral enough that you can wear these shades throughout the year.  The quality if polish is great, too, and you can tell just from applying that the maker did a great job making a polish that applies smoothly and sticks around.

The Downs: The only "down" I had was in applying Snowdrift over the white polish.  After layering it over the white, tiny air bubble formed and looked like little black dots on the nails.  However, when I applied it the second time (waiting longer for the white to fully dry), I didn't get those bubbles.  So if you are applying Snowdrift over a lighter color, make sure it is completely dry before applicating it.

Overall: I am pleasantly surprised at how stunning these polishes are - and I haven't even shown you the two sparkliest ones yet!  The application was smooth, dry time was reasonably quick, and the colors are beautiful both indoors and outdoors.  This is a great brand, and I can't wait to watch it blossom!

Here are some social links for you:

Store: Here

Facebook: Here (Head on over to her page and give her a "like"!)

Instagram: Here

I'll have those second two polishes to show you soon - keep your eyes peeled! ;)  See you soon <3

NOTE: One of these polishes was sent to me for swatches and a review, the others I purchased with a special discount.  My review and opinion, however, are not swayed and are 100% honest.  Links I supply are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them through my blog).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment