Sunday, February 1, 2015

ISSE: MoYou Nails Stamping Kit

Happy Sunday!!  Anyone else watching the Superbowl today?  I will be - and rooting for the SEAHAWKS!!  Awwww yeah!!  I'll be representing the 12th Man here in Phoenix - Hawk yeah!!

Okay, now that that's out of my system, I'll get on to talking about more fun topics :D

One of the booths set up at the International Salon & Spa Expo was MoYou Nails, and after hearing so many great things about their stamping plates, I made it a point to stop by and see what all the fuss was about - and I left with a stamping kit :P


Stamping has always been a challenge for me.  I have about three different types of stampers, two to three different brands of stamping polish, and a ton of different plates.  I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it.  After watching a demonstration of their plates and stamper at the booth, I decided to go ahead and purchase the small stamping kit that came with white polish, a stamper, and three plates (one was a gift because I was her first customer of the day - it pays to show up early!).

I was excited to try it out when I got home, but nervous at the same time that it wouldn't work the same for me as it had for the nice gal, who'd been doing it a lot longer and more frequently than me.  I'm happy to report that I was successful - for the most part :P

Here's a close-up of the plate images I used for this first mani:



Here they are stamped over Blackbird and Hippy Hippy Shake by Ellagee:






For the most part, the images transferred wonderfully!  I'm very impressed with the detail in the sparrow, and how well that one stamped.  My favorite would have to be the pinky though ^_^  That rose is so beautiful!!

Just for funsies, I wanted to try out a jelly sandwich using some more of the images from these plates :D  So I used "Parker" by Creative Cuticles Nail Polish because it is the best, most beautiful deep blue jelly I've ever seen!  Here's the result:




Not a total disaster.  You can see certain spots where I had extra polish on the stamper than I realized so it looks a bit off, but overall I am pleased!  Four thin layers of polish total, three layers with stamped images.  I like it!  I'll have to try to finesse it later - and try to convince Kayla to make more jellies like Parker, because it was soooooo easy to work with and it's just beautiful!!

Needless to say, I am a re-born stamper!  Now I want to try again with my other plates and different polishes, to see if perhaps it is a stamper issue.  Either way, I have renewed hope that I CAN stamp successfully! :P

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!!  See you soon <3

22 comments:

  1. I love that jelly sandwich! That's a gorgeous blue polish. I've never tried stamping with that technique, I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that jelly sandwich! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool to see a jelly sandwich with stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stamps and I love stamping sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot more now :P

      Delete
  5. The jelly sandwich and stamping combo turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on a successful stamping! I remember how excited I was the first time I got it to work for me, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was a huge relief to me that I was finally able to do it lol

      Delete
  7. Beautiful manis! Love your stamping, and the jelly sammich. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh jelly stamping! You totally reminded me I need to try that! I love that you are a reborn stamper, keep at it, you'll get it soon and when you do the love will be in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm excited to try out some more!!

      Delete
  9. Love the stamping! Was this the US based MoYou or the UK based one? I'm on team UK, their stuff is amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently this is the U.S. based one - I had no idea they branched off, I thought it was still all one company :P So I still have yet to try a MoYou London plate :(

      Delete
  10. Your jelly stampwich is great! Love that blue! Just keep practicing, I've found you get better at stamping the more you work with it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm finding that, too - this was like the 6th time stamping for me lol I don't give up so easy :P

      Delete