Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Polished Bookworms: The Maze Runner Mani

Good evening!  We've gotta stop meeting like this - it's much too late in the day, our brains are tired, or maybe we have plans to do something fun.  Either way, I need to get my act together and get better at posting earlier!!

Quick post for you featuring a mani inspired by the book The Maze Runner that was this month's chosen book to read for the group The Polished Bookworms on Facebook ^_^  I actually really, really enjoyed the book - so much so that I purchased the rest in the series :D

Here is my design:


"Wicked is Good" is a key phrase in the book, and the stamped green represents the maze.  I used Colors by Llarowe's "Vincent" as the base color, used M Polish's "Bells of Ireland" for the green stamping polish, used the maze pattern from the Goblet of Fire Harry Potter HeHe stamping plate I just received today from a giveaway (thanks, Krise!!), and freehanded the words with acrylic paint.  I like how the design came out, and am happy I finally got to use my new M Polish!!  I tell you what, that is some fantastic stamping polish :)

Have you ever read the Maze Runner?  If so, what did you think?  If not, did you see the movie?  I saw the movie last night.  I kept getting antsy and saying, "But that's not what happens - grrrr." and getting all grumbly.  I've decided it's a good thing my job is not to write script adaptations from books :P

Be sure to check out the other creative designs from a few of the other members in the Polished Bookworms group!!  Have a terrific night, I'll see you tomorrow with Part 2 of the Gothic Gala Lacquers Mt. Olympus collection <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 comment:

  1. Love this mani. Iended up reading all parts but couldn't find out why wicked is good lol

    ReplyDelete