Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Amy's Untried Challenge: Dots

Hello all!  Wanted to share with you the first design from a new challenge I'm doing on Instagram called "Amy's Untried Challenge."


It is hosted by "AmyLovesNewWave" and "AmyyLyn" and the idea is that you use at least one polish you own that you've never tried before (a.k.a. an "untried") for each of these themes.  It's a GREAT way to finally use all those beautiful polishes I've purchased and haven't had time to try yet!!

So for Day 1's challenge of Dots, I used this photo I took at the Seattle Sculpture Park as a reference:


And here is my design:


 

I used all of the new Spring colors just released by Model City Polish and the Black Friday Trio by Ellagee.  The white dots are acrylic paint :)  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!  What do you all think?

19 comments:

  1. I love this so much!! I neeeeeeed a tutorial how you got that look in the base!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it really looks like the art it was inspired by. Very nice! I love the combination of colors and the white dots. Such a contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great and I liked too see your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the inspiration for manis - and your recreation is great! All these bright colours at the moment are making me very happy. I missed this challenge starting but look forward to seeing what you do for the rest. Congratz on cramming in so many untrieds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! The watercolor base is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course, I'm so glad you're joining us this month!

      Delete
  6. You did great!! So vibrant and fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your interpretation of the prompt!! I think it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack!! Excellent interpretation!! I love this so much!!!! I'm so jealous you live in Washington State, that's on my bucket list of places to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The combo of the free-form base and more structured dots is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the base of this! It's so abstract!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look so much! How fun being inspired by art.

    ReplyDelete